Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Taking a day off!!!

Yea, I needed a day off. I have not taken a day off of work since Dec. 8th except for the weekends and I stay so busy on the weekends until it seems like I work so I took the day off. And I doing anything productive? NO. I did feed the dogs this morning. David is out of town and left at 5 am and the dogs went back to sleep. Yea, they were inside last night due to the thunder storms and we were under a tornado watch. It was thundering, lightening and hailing in your neck of the woods. And I didn't have the heart to leave them in the yard with this weather. These dogs are like my kids so ....This happened Saturday and then again last night. Ella is just terrified of bad weather and was in my lap all night until I went to bed with a splitting headache.
Momma is having a few good days. I went by and seen them last night for a few hours and it was question after question. But that is the way that it is with Momma. Same questions in a row. All you can do is answer her. My sister called me last (Burkett's wife) and we had a wonderful, open and honest conversation about what is going on it her life. She is sad and lonely. I hope that one day she will find someone to love her. She is a wonderful person and has a heart of gold and she does not need to be alone. She is young. She has a lot to offer someone. I hope that she finds someone if nothing else to be a friend, someone to go to the movies with, have dinner with. No one deserves to be alone. She did tell me that she has spoken with my son (Noah's father) and that everything is well with the kids. I don't know that there is an emotion that I feel as of this moment but saddness, broken-hearted, missing them. My "two buddy" .....
Have a great week...peace, love and happiness.....

3 comments:

Lori1955 said...

I'm glad you are taking the day off. Just relax and do nothing. I know there is a lot of saddness in your life right now but at least you know that Noah is alright. I too hope your sister finds some hapiness and companionship in her life.

SKYGIRL said...

Hi Gale! I'm sorry to not have been keeping up, but just wanted you to know that your Mom is now in an actual Quilt Panel, hanging in the headquarters of "The Alzheimers Foundation Of America" slated to hit the tour, this September, 2009. To 'see' it, go to www.adcaregiver.com. You are on the same panel, as Connie, my Mom, & Younghope (Tracy) so pretty cool.

dave said...

You carry a huge load. A day off is the least you deserve.
Our two week vacation got shortened to 4 days of driving.
Best to you Gale, you are a good person.