Saturday, July 18, 2009

Doctor's appointment

We went to Savannah Friday to the surgeon and he told us that the aneurysm is 4 cm in diameter and that he is not worried about doing surgery at this time. I told him about the family physican telling him that about having prostrast cancer and he said that he needs to take care of the immediately. I am hoping to get him in to the see the Urologist and the Oncologist next week. Daddy is in really good spirits with everything that is going on.
Momma is having a really bad week. She has moments that she just gets in a little world of her own. Sad. All week when I have been there, she has been in a zone and I have to call her 3 or 4 times to get her to answer me. I just don't know anything any more. I thought that she better and in reality, she will not get better. There is no miracle drug for ALZ. I try to remain positive. I try to keep a smile on my face especially when I'm around her. I just hope this is a phase. I wonder sometimes, she is going into another stage with ALZ? It seems like a puzzle and everytime you think that you it completed, then something or someone comes along and takes it apart and you have to start all over again. Does that make sense? It breaks my heart to see her like this. Nothing that I can do but watch and pray that she knows that I am here, no matter what.
Me and David have been trying to finish the porch. It started out to be a weekend project that has turned into a 2 month job. We are hoping to put the top on it tomorrow. David has worked really hard, trying to get it completed. It is 16 x 16 ft. It has been a job!!!
Well, Scoot Noodle is just as sweet as he can be. He is laying here next to me while I am checking e-mail and posting. David calls him our mini horse. He is just as cute as can be. He is so spoiled. And funny thing is, he barks and bays like Lil Bit. He is too funny. And the girls get along with him until they are ready to go to bed and then they want him to leave them along.
I hope that everyone has a great week ...take care and always..peace, love and happiness!!

2 comments:

nancy said...

i remember all too well the frustrations with AD and the uncertainty. just when you think you've/your LO has reached a plateau and you know what to expect, something changes. i'm sorry you are experiencing this now. thanks for sharing with us though. you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

also keeping my fingers crossed that your daddy's appointments next week go well. keep us posted.

i'm glad you are enjoying and getting comfort from scoot noodle.

Lori1955 said...

Sweetie, I know this is hard on you and my heart breaks for anyone dealing with this. Nancy is right in that the only constant in this disease is change. Don't ever try to figure it out.

Let us know how things go for your father with his next appointment.