Saturday, February 28, 2009

Everything is going okay

I know that it has been awhile since I have posted. It has been an extremely long week. Last Friday my boss passed away. He also had liver cancer. It seems unreal to walk in the office and him not sitting at his desk, with the biggest smile, and asking.."how ya' doing..what's going on?" He is a wonderful man, great person to work for. We miss him so much. RIP Mr. Comstock.
It seems like something in the world is not right. I go by my sister's house and Burkett is not there and it just does not seem right. I know that he is in a better palce, where there is no pain, no suffering. It still does not seem right without him here. Every morning, I pass the place where he was laid to rest and every afternoon I pass it again. Some days are harder than others but I know that it will get easier as time goes by.
Momma and Daddy is doing okay. Momma has had a rough week. It seems like it when the weather is colder she has rough days and even rougher nights. Daddy is just tired. I wish the weather would settle here. One day it is 70 and the next day it is 30 again. I will be glad to see warm weather so that Momma will feel like being out of the house.
I hope that everyone has a great week! Peace. love and happiness......

8 comments:

nancy said...

bless you, even though i can tell you are dealing with tough times, your boss and burkett's passing, your momma with the weather, you still tell us all "everything is going okay."

hang in there and know there are a lot of us out here thinking and praying for you. (((hugs)))

and you have a great week!

dave said...

Spring sure does help my psyche.
It reminds us that there is a new start, that life goes on and that there are chores to do.
Still we grieve.
Best to you my friend.

Lori1955 said...

Is everything really ok? As I read your post, I could feel a great sadness. I hope you don't ever feel like you have to be strong for us. We all care about you a great deal.

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

My condolences on the loss of Mr. Comstock. He sounds like he was well loved at work.

You seem very unsettled in your post. I sensed that as well as the others. How well we get to know each others tone after spending so much time together the last year or so. Please take care Gale and know we care about you and what happens to you. Like Lori said, don't ever feel you have to be strong for us. Let us support you as you have supported us so many times. ((((hugs))))

Katmir said...

thinking of you.....

Lori1955 said...

Just checking on you sweetie.

nancy said...

checking in on you too.

Lori1955 said...

Awful quiet over here. Is everything OK?