Sunday, June 24, 2007

Things I Miss Doing with You

As I sit here thinking I remember so many good times that we have shared. Some as simple as sitting at the kitchen table talking. And us going on vacation together and having so much fun. I miss so much about you. I miss you telling me the hopes and dreams that you have for your great grandchildren, the trips that you wish you would have taken (which are few..you have traveled everywhere) and just the few little secrets that we have shared in our lifetime. So I decided to make a list of the things that I miss:
I miss you as a whole person.
I miss your great mind.
I miss your problem solving skills.
I miss your delicious homemade biscuits from scratch.
I miss your made from scratch pies and cakes.
I miss our last minute roadtrips. (remember the one to Savannah with Ms. Nell, that was a great trip).
I miss out shopping days when you knew what you needed and wanted to buy for the house.
I miss us both standing in the kitchen together cooking a big meal.
I miss you helping me when I got "stuck" trying to finish a sewing project. (the chair cussions for my kitchen table chairs..that was fun).
I miss the family vacations where you planned each and every meal but never the activities for the day.
I miss dirt dugging with you in Tennessee. (fun times)
I miss deep sea fishing with you.
I miss taking trips to the Great Smokey Mountains with you and Daddy and the grandchildren.
I miss you fussing at me about nothing at all.

There are a million things that I miss about you.
But the one thing that I don't miss is seeing your smile, feeling the touch of your hand and you telling me that everything is going to be okay.
I love you Mama.

2 comments:

StefanieRose said...

I *hugs* you

Anonymous said...

What beautiful, but sad post, Gale!