Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sorry...under the weather..

I'm sorry that I have not posted sooner. I had surgery on the 15th and I seen the doctor for the post-op visit. He told me that it looked like an A-bomb had exploded inside of my body. I had scar tissue on my stomach, colon (he didn't remove this), intestines and around my belly button. He said that he hopes that this is not a recurring problem for me. I pulled a muscle under my right rib cage and that has been a problem for me for the past two weeks. I have never pulled a muscle and I hope that I never pull another one. I have been in so much pain. I will be out of work for another week, trying to heal from this.
Daddy will be having treatments for his cancer hopefully before Thanksgiving. His urologist is out of the office due to having surgery on his back and he will not be back in for another 3 to 4 weeks. The oncologist that we have chosen to treat Daddy seems to be a great doctor. He answered question after question when we were in the office last week. The plan at this time is ..seed therpy, external radiation 5 times a week for 5 weeks, and hormone therpy. Daddy has lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks and the doctor is hoping that Daddy will put on some weight while we are waiting on the urologist to return to work.
Momma seems to be having some really bad days lately. She is just not in a good mood and she seems to be angry all the time, with everyone. Especially me and Daddy. The only thing that I know to do is just not feed into negative. Is this just a part of this awful disease? There are times that I want to scream, just get in my car and scream but then I realize that I will not accomplish anything but giving myself a headache so ....
I hope that everyone is doing well..and that the weather your way is nice. One day it is hot here and then by the weekend it is cold. Take care and peace, love and happiness.

2 comments:

Lori1955 said...

I'm glad to hear that you came through your surgery. It sounds like you are going to be having some rough days ahead. Between you dad and mom, I think you are going to be clinging to God a lot. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers.

nancy said...

just wondering how things are with you. you are in my thoughts and prayers. take care.