Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Prince is at the Rainbow Bridge tonight

My mom's dog passed away today. Prince (aka Monkey Moo) had some dental work done Friday and he didn't act like he felt well when I picked him up. I have been at the vets' office everyday since Friday. I took him to the vet's office yesterday and was told that he was going into congested heart failure. I brought him home, praying that he would die at home. I didn't think that Mama could handle that. So this morning, Dad took him to the vet's office and I got a call around 11 am to go and pick him up around 3 pm. At 1 pm I got a call and when I seen that it was the vet's office, I knew that it could not be good. I told the vet that I would be there to pick Prince up so that I could bury him next to Tiny. I cried all the way to the vet's office. I got there and seen Prince for the last time. I told him that I loved him and that I would miss him. I got to my parents home and Dad seen me drive up and he came in the yard. I got the shovel to move the Earth so that I place in him his final resting place. Mom seen me get him out of the Yukon and she told me that "she had to see him one last time." So I took him up on the back porch, uncovered him and she rolled over to the back door and she looked at him and told him.."I love you and Granny will miss you but you are running around playing now." Broke my heart. So I picked him up and carried him to his final resting spot, Dad placed his pillow in the hole and I gently layed him on top of the pillow. Dad put on of his favorite toys next to him. Prince had alot of toys.. a new toy at every holiday. Moo you will be missed and your are loved..I know that some people might read this and think "this is just a dog." God made dogs for us to love and care for. Moo, you were well taken care of. Prince was a gift from me to Mom about 12 years ago. He was a true friend to her. He was under her foot at all times. And slept next to her every night that she was home. Take care Moo...and wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge.

5 comments:

StefanieRose said...

I am so sorry gale, I know it must have been really hard for you. You did good though. He is OK now. Happy and has all the chew toys he ever wanted.

I love you.

Lori1955 said...

I'm so sorry sweetie. I know there is not such thing as "just a dog". These are truely the one animal on this earth that I know is capable of unconditional love. My heart is with yours.

nancy said...

i'm sorry for your loss as well. he was part of the family. (((hugs)))

Joanne said...

Okay, I'm crying. I'm one of those people who think dogs are everyone's best friend. Mine is to me and I'm sure you and your mom will miss Prince. I'm sorry for your loss, Gale. I'll be thinking of you, my friend.

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. A person has to be an animal lover to truly understand the impact this little guys leave on our heart. Bless his little heart, and yours too sweetie.