Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day Daddy

Daddy,
I wanted to let you know that I love you so much! I am so proud that God give me the honor to be your daughter. There are so many things that I'm thankful for but God above knows that I'm thankful that you are my Daddy. You held me in your arms immediately after I was born. I will never get tired of hearing about the day that we were born. Dale and then me. How we got our names, how you and Momma had your hands full with 2 toddler and then 2 new born babies.
Daddy, there so many things that you have done for me as a child growing into a teenager and then as I entered adulthood, holding my hand along the way! I can remember, you and Mama took a sandwich to work everyday so that your children could have everything that we needed and most of what we wanted. I would meet you for breakfast every morning while I was in college and you would buy me breakfast. You made sure that I had gas and that my oil was changed and that my car would never leave me broken down on the side of the rode. I can remember when I was on campus, and the car wouldn't crank and you went out and bought me a new car. I was so worried about car payments and you told me "not to worry." And I knew that I didn't have too.
You made sure when I was on campus all day long that I had money to go and get some lunch. I never went to your house that you and Mama didn't have something cooked and me a plate in the microwave.
I remember when we were painting the front porch because Mama wanted a "hunter green" porch and you were standing there watching me and telling me.."Gale, you missed a spot..get it before the other paint dries."
I miss our fishing trips on the coast. Fishing for sheephead. I don't eat fish but loved to fish with you and Mama. I miss the trips to the mountains. Camping out and getting up early to cook for everyone else. I miss us doing alot of things but I know that you are just a phone call away when I need you.
I know that you are so proud of all your children..all 6 of us. I can see the twinkle in your eyes when you talk to other people about us. I can also see the hurt in your eyes when you talk about Ricky, your son that has gone on. Your heart just breaks into a million pieces everytime you talk about him! You are so proud of your grandchildren and now your are a great grandfather. And these grand children love you so much! There is nothing like their "PAPA".
I know that I can speak for your other children, we love you Daddy. Thank you for all that you have done for us! We are proud to call you our Daddy!

2 comments:

Katmir said...

wow. what a wonderful letter! cheers to you... your courage to get it out in such a loving way.

hugs!

dave said...

wonderfully said.