Saturday, June 14, 2008

A quiet home

It is has been a two very long weeks. With the boys and and a 21 month old granddaughter in the home, was nerve racking. Don't get me wrong, I love them dearly but remember, I have not had small kids in my home for many years. I baby sit for my niece and friends on occasion, but they are only here for a few hours and then they are gone. So having 3 kids in the home 24/7 is something different for us.
We took the boys home yesterday. I think the oldest child thought that we were playing a million and one questions. It is so funny because I can remember making this trip with my boys when they were around the same age and all they done was sleep. We would get out the yard and they would be asleep. The youngest child watched a DVD on the drive and didn't say a word all the way until I got off of I-75. And then they were both excited. "Aunt Gale , turn this way or Aunt Gale go that way." And then the oldest boy, reminded me that we were in his "neck of the woods" and I reminded him that I had made this drive so many times that I could make this drive with my eyes closed...lol. I miss them so much.
Skylar (our grand daughter) went home yesterday also. I know that my son and his wife were so happy to see her. She is a sweety but a handful.
I wish that I could say that Momma is doing okay, but she is having some really bad days. There are days that she will be up long enough to eat. She is not eating well either. I just hate to see her like this. I would love to see her eat a good meal. Not just a bite of this or that. She ask me if I would go and buy her some wonton soup, fried rice and an egg roll. I go and get it and she looked at me and ask me why I went and bought all this food. I was so sad that she would not even taste of it. I think that we are going to see more days like this.
I hope that everyone has a great weekend and to all of my blogger friends that are Fathers'..have a wonderful Fathers' Day!!! Peace, love and happiness......

1 comment:

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

Sounds like a very busy couple of weeks for you. Hope you can get a bit of rest this weekend.

I'm so sorry to hear your Momma is having difficult days. I know how discouraging it is to try to get them to eat and they just can't do it. I will keep you both in my prayers.
Take care Gale, I have missed you:)