Thursday, June 26, 2008

I wish that I had better news...

It seems like a gray cloud is hanging over my head.
BIL is worse...we were told last week that it just does not look good and that he has 2 weeks to 2 months. Do I believe that? NO! I have faith and hope that God will come and heal him. I just pray that God's will be done.
Momma is not doing well at all. I believe that she is going into another stage. Wednesday was a really really bad. She didn't know me or DH...She didn't know her granddaughter that lived with her most of her childhood. It is breaking my heart. The CNA that comes to Momma's ask me today what I was going to do when she had no memories of me. I told her that "in her mind, she might not remember me but she would remember me in her heart. And that was all that matters. And then we both started crying. Momma looks at us as if she is looking through us not at us. We had dinner with them last night and she would not eat until we got up from the table. We got up from the table and then she eat and fed Droopy. I really don't know what to do from here. She tried to cook Wednesday night. Needless to say, I cleaned up a dozen or so eggs out of the floor and off of her and Droopy. I have a nasty sinus infection and I have had headaches all week. But, I will not leave her.
Today was not any better...She was confused when we were going to the doctors' office and once we got there it was not any better. Medications were changed around..some discontinued..some new ones added... more tests done...She didn't know who's car we where in. I told her that it was my car and she told me "no, you have a bug truck.." I told her "yes, Momma I have a Yukon but I drive the car when we go to the doctors' office." "Oh," she said.
Last week was wonderful. Her mind was so clear. This week it is like a thick fog has rolled in and it will not move on. So, we are just here...making sure that everything is going smoothly for her. I'm afraid that we are going to have to make a decision on what is best for her..
I hope that everyone has a great weekend..please know that I miss you all...
Take care....
Peace, love and happiness

3 comments:

StefanieRose said...

I am so sorry gale. I love you so much. I will be looking for you online, I have been out of town but now that i am home we should talk. I miss you, and I worry about you.

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all of this. Please know I will keep you all in my prayers in the days ahead. I hope you begin to feel better soon too. Please take care and keep us up to date as you are able. Hugs sweetie.

Lori1955 said...

Holding you close in my heart sweetie. I am so sorry. I wish I had the words to comfort you.