Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sunday - August 10th

Me and my hubby and my sister and her hubby along with 3 of boys and their girlfriends went to Momma and Daddys' house for dinner. We also invited some of our close friends to come to eat with us. We all had such a good time. The guys in the yard grilling ribs and chicken and us girls in the house cooking the side dishes, talking with Momma. I made a summer dessert with strawberries, angel food cake and vanilla instant pudding. Momma and my BIL's favorite dessert. And Momma thought that she would get her dessert first but I got smart and put it in the refrigerator after I made it. Out of sight, out of mind. Her mind was so good this past weekend. And it if like she has been lost all week. I'm beginning to wonder when she has alot of visitors on the weekend if that causes more confusion during the week.

Any help with that question, would be of great help. Her Parkerson's is getting worse. She is having trouble holding a glass (she uses a 4 oz. plastic cup-like you give a child) and she is having some trouble feeing herself. I wish that things would get better.

Momma was a woman that loved to travel with her grandkids and she loved more than ever to take them on a long vacation with her and Daddy. She loved to have her grandkids at her house during the summer when they were out of school. And now it is like they have to wear a name tag or play the "name game"with her. You know the name game, she will call everyone's name until she reaches your name and then you answer her. I think that my nephew's have a rough time with this. They were dotting over her Sunday, and she loved it. Her oldest grandson, grilled her favorite veggies on the grill and she knew that Little Randy made them just for her.

Sad that she can not remember what she has for breakfast, but she knew that Little Randy made the peppers on the grill. " The love of a grandmothter is so wonderful" as our kids gracefully stated to their Granny as they were leaving.

I remind them occassionally that this disease will rob her memories of all of us in her mind but it will never take the memories that she has in her heart for all of us. I know that is what substains me and I hope that it substains them too. I know in my heart that she will always know me in her heart.

I hope you all have a wonderful week...Peace, love and happiness

2 comments:

StefanieRose said...

I miss you gale!!! I love you. *huggles*

rainbowheart said...

I miss you Stef!!!!!!! :(