Sunday, August 31, 2008

Rain rain go away!!

Hurricane Fay dumped 5 to 6 inches of rain on us in one week. Needless to say, we really don't need rain but it looks like we might be getting some rain from Hurricane Gustav. I hope not. I'm sick of the rain and it seems like everytime that a Hurricane blows in, we always have alot of sickness. I don't know why but it seems like people with sinus and allergies have a rough time with all of this bad weather. I have had a sore throat for around 2 weeks, along with the sniffles.

Gabby and Ella had surgery Monday...(NO MORE PUPPIES) and we still have Lit Bit and Chloe to go. They are scheduled to go in and have surgery Monday week. Gabby and Ella are not fans of the vets office anymore. The vet told me that they no longer liked him. I explained that they are never away from me. They are all spoiled little critters but you can't help but love em.

I hope that everyone is doing well. It was good to read that Jackie, Nancy, Lori and Chris had the chance to visit with each other again. I can say only one thing good has come out of this awful disease that our loved ones had faced..and that is the friendships and bonds that have been made. It is good to know that there are others that understand what is going on and how we, as caregivers, feel during this progression of this disease.

Take care and I hope that everyone has a good week...Peace, love and happiness...

2 comments:

Lori1955 said...

Wow, 5 to 6 inches of rain? If we even get one inch out here we have flash floods and road closures. I do love the rain but only to a point.

Aw, the poor babies are having surgery. Heck, I don't like going to the doctor, why should they like the vet.

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

Wow...we could use a bit of that rain here. The golf course is a little brownish in spots. Anyhow, Stay safe from harm. The crappy weather seems to stir up mold spores which really irritate allergy sufferers (my brother lives in NC and he has terrible allergies).

Hope the dogs are on the road to recovery by now and will soon be bouncing around again. They sure are cute little tykes.

I agree the only good thing to come of all this was the friendships we have found in each other. My dad knew of the support I was finding online and thought it was a good thing but I'm sure he never thought it would reach these levels. I know he and Mom are pleased as punch.

Have a good week too Gale, and I hope you feel better soon. Thinking about you and hugs to you!