Saturday, September 15, 2007

Mama in hospital

Mama was put in the hospital yesterday due to fluid around the heart and lungs. When we got to the doctors' office, she was told that she had to go in the hospital. She had told me that she was not going to go back in the hospital because she was afraid of the doctor placing her back in the nursing home. I told her that is not the case this time. She said that she did not want to go back in the nursing home ever ever again. And then she got teary eyed. I assured her that I would let her doctor know her concerns about the nursing home. Today she seemed okay. Last night was rough for her. Somehow she removed the IV from her hand and said that she bleed all over the sheets and her gown. She said that she did not sleep well at all. I called the hospital and told them to call me if she was having a restless night tonight. Hopefully she will have a restful night. Hopefully she will home in the next few days. I will keep everyone posted.
Gale

1 comment:

StefanieRose said...

I love you gale. I am sorry I haven't been really around much. I wish I could be a better friend for you gale. You really deserve it.