Thursday, September 13, 2007

September 11th

I wanted to post on September 11th but I could not bring myself to do it. This day will be forever etched in my memory. My grandmother's birthday is September 11th. This day we did not celebrate...this was the first birthday that she was not here with us. She passed away in May. I nephew called me and told me to turn on the tv that there was planes flying into the World Trade Centers. I had the tv on but it was on mute. I had no idea what was going on. The only thing that I was worried about was getting my son from school (no I don't live in New York) but I wanted him home. I was worried about my father who was suppose to be on the road going to Fla. But this morning, he was home. And that I was so thankful for. I went to my Mama and Daddy's house stayed there just about all day. For the next few days, I stayed up day and night. I had a friend that was in New York. We got a call late the next day and was told that she was okay and was on the way back to Ga. So many people lost their lives that day and for what? Because someone believes that it was appointed to them to do this evil act. Do I want retalition against who done this..if and when we can get the mastermind behind the crime. But not at the expense of the lives of our men and women in the Armed services. I am thankful for the men and women of our Armed Services for protecting our freedoms.

No comments: