Saturday, March 29, 2008

News on BIL

Quick post to report on my BIL- Lamar. I have always called him Burkett so if I say Burkett instead of his first name then remember they are one of the same. Doctor's visit Thursday was not what we thougth that it was going to be. The news was given to him and my sister, Peggy that the cancer has spread to his brain. Sad, but true. He will be traveling on April 3 to get another MRI done at 8:30 am and then at 2:30pm he will have his first Chemo treatment. I hope that it goes well for him...and I know that he must be scared, I know that I would be. I'm worried about him. He is definately not himelf. He has always been a quiet person now he is really talkative now. Please keep him in your thougths and prayers. I will keep you posted as I know something...Take care Burkett and please know that me and David love you and you are in out thougths and prayers...peace, love and happiness...

6 comments:

Lori1955 said...

I am so sorry sweetie. I can't even imagine the fear and pain that your family is going through right now. Being powerless is a very difficult thing. My heart goes out to you.

nancy said...

i'll be keeping burkett in my thoughts and prayers (and you and all your family). keep us posted.

cornbread hell said...

best wishes for you and yours, gale. my sister is going through chemo right now. i don't blog about it, but i understand at least some of what y'all are going through right now.

it ain't easy, but your loving support will mean the world to him.

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

Sending prayers your way...let us know how things are going as you are able.

Joanne said...

So sorry to hear this. Keeping Burkett and everyone in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs and love to you, my friend.

nancy said...

just checking in to see how everyone is doing.