Saturday, December 8, 2007

Droopy and the Vet's office

Yesterday I had to take Droopy to the vet's office. He had a seizure Thursday night and it scared me to tears. Droopy got over by the couch and layed down and the seizure happened. This had happened in October and we thougth that he was stung by a bee so we give him so Bendryl. I didn't know what else to do but that. So, I give him Bendryl again. This seizure lasted about 10 minutes. When I got to the vet's office, I was given medicine and told to count how many days that it was between each seizure. 56 days...so in 52 I am to start him on anti-seizure meds and hopefully this will stop a seizure from happening. The vet also told me that there is a chance that Droopy will have a seizure and not come out of it. Oh yes, the tears started flowing then. I know that Droopy is a dog, but all dog lovers know as I do, that your dog is like your best friend ...like your baby child that ...never give you a minute worth of worry...just feed him, bath him, take him to the vet and get his shots, take him on walks with you and love him. Droppy goes with me practically everywhere...when I leave in the mornings going to Mama and Daddy's he is sitting next to me on the console of the truck. He sits with me while I read the newspaper at the kitchen table (he usually falls asleep at my feet), and I never have a moment to myself. He lays on the rug in the bathroom while I shower. That is devotation from a pet. My closest friends will tell you that he is my "love bucket". To me, Droopy is like my child. When I have a bad day, Droopy is there to lick the tears away. When I worked, Droopy was the one that greeted me at the back door everyday. So I can say, Droopy is more than a pet, he is my "love bucket."

7 comments:

StefanieRose said...

Aww I am sorry gale. I hope you and droopy are ok. *huggles*

Lori1955 said...

Oh I'm so sorry. I understand that this is your baby. I hope Droopy gets better. The unconditional love from a dog is just so special.

rilera said...

I know exactly what you mean.There is nothing like the love and devotion of a pet. And anyone who thinks otherwise has never had a pet or doesn't have a heart. I hope Droopy is OK.

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

How is Droopy doing today? I am an animal lover too so I know how it goes. My dog and cat mean with worldtome even though they can be little turds sometimes. Give Droopy a hug for me.

~Betsy said...

Hugs for Droopy coming your way. My animals are so important to me - I sure understand your words.

rainbowheart said...

Droopy is doing okay. I am keeping his stress level down. He has been acting like he is okay. He is rolling over in the floor now playing with his "Moosie".

Joanne said...

Glad to hear Droopy is doing okay. I know how attached we become to our little special four-leggeds.