Sunday, December 2, 2007

Andrew and the movie "The Polar Express"

I spent the day yesterday with a friend and her children. I strung lights on her Christmas tree and the kids could not sit still. They wanted to help so I had them to stand and look at the tree and tell me when I needed more lights... so later yesterday afternoon, me and David were invited to go and have dinner at the home of some friends. We decided that we would go and enjoy a afternoon with some friends. As the guys where outside grilling and putting up Christmas lights on the eve of the house, me and Pam were in the house feeding the kids. After they finished eating, Pam turned on the movie, "The Polar Express". Me and Andrew were on the couch and he just excited about the "magic train". Andrew then continue to tell me about a helicopter that he has seen in the county next to us that has been placed at a Memorial for the people that has served in the military. Andrew was telling me that he was going to get him a helicopter when he grows up and that he is going to jump out of it. And that he is going to take for a ride in his helicopter. And that we are both are going to jump out of the helicopter together. I told Andrew that I was not jumping out of the helicopter, that I would stay in the helicopter. And he laughed. After this conversation, Andrew told me to come in the living room and watch the "tv with me." So, we were watching the ending of the movie and Andrew was so excited about seeing the reindeers and the He was so excited when he seen Santa fly away with the help of the reideers. He was just so excited. I think this is what the season is about. The birth of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior and the excitement of small children. And Andrew is excited about the season. And my heart is full again...seeing this small child and the excitement of the season.....

4 comments:

nancy said...

oh yes i agree. i look forward to the years when maybe i will have grandchildren around to watch and get excited about Christmas with. i'm glad you had such a good day!

Joanne said...

I'm really happy you're in the Christmas spirit now. ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Children are certainly a joy - There is NOTHING to compare with seeing their eyes light up with excitement. I totally agree with you, Christmas is just that, the birth of Christ, He is the Reason for the Season...And that excitement and energy that children share with us in this special season, just wonderful!

rilera said...

I love the movie "The Polar Express". Wathcing it has become a Christmas tradition for me like watching "It's a Wonderful Life". It's so magical.