Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The First day of the New Year...

An old wives tale states that whatever you were doing at midnight determines your year. That means that I will be a caregiver all year and that I can deal with. I took care of my nephew last night. His first New Year's Eve that he was legal to drink but I told him that if he was going to drink then he would not be driving, so give me the keys. We were at a friend of mines. Well the wife is my friend and the her hubby works with my older nephew, so we were at the same party. But, I guess that is where it was meant for me to be at. I did have a good time. I sit, laughed and had a good time just talking with friends. I had not seen these friends in months. So, it was really good to have some stimulating adult conversations...and to see good friends for a few hours. I believe 2008 is going to kind to me...I have faith that it is going to be good anyway.

7 comments:

nancy said...

i pray that you have a peaceful and happy 2008 as well!

StefanieRose said...

your a good aunt gale. I love you lots. I hope you have the new year you want. You deserve it.

dave said...

It will be a good year, if only because we declare it so. Best to you and your family.

Joanne said...

Wishing you a wonderful and peaceful 2008, Gale!

Joanne said...

Just checking in on you, Gale. Hope you and your family are doing well.

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

I was blubbering in my champagne at midnight. So far the new year hasn't rbought too many tears though.

May peace and happiness be yours this new year and always sweetie.

nancy said...

just checking in to let you know i'm thinking of you. hope you're having a good day!