Monday, January 14, 2008

Secrets

I knew my heart things were not right
I felt it in my bones that somethings were just not right
And then I find out tonight...I was right..
There is nothing that I can say
There is nothing that I can do
To make this any better
If only I had known sooner...
But then again....there is nothing that I could do....
I guess I will live with the pain and sorrow of this secret
Maybe not knowing might would have been better ...
But then I would have spent the rest of my adult life trying to figure this out
I will be okay ...
I am a survivor...
But we are all survivors..
I believe that we adapt, no matter what the situation is ...
And goes on.....

7 comments:

StefanieRose said...

*hugs* gale. Your little buddy is always here for you. I am sorry you did not have a good day, I wish so much better for you.

Lori1955 said...

You know the best part about secrets? It's telling someone else and allowing them the priveledge of sharing your burden and your pain.

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

You wrote what I have been trying to put into words for so long. Bless your heart hun, I am sorry you are hurting. I will keep you in my prayers.

Katmir said...

hoping to help you adjust-- to whatever.... whenever....

and praying.... because sometimes that's all we're able to do.....

nancy said...

what a beautiful poem gale. thanks for sharing. keep us posted on your phone interview tomorrow.

hoping your mama is doing ok. ((hugs))

rainbowheart said...

oh God how I wish that was a poem...

Joanne said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Gale. You know where to reach me. ((hugs))