Thursday, January 17, 2008

Skittles and dryer sheet

Yes, Stef has a twin in the town that I live in. She is about 5 years and just as beautiful as Stef is. When I seen her again yesterday. I was in town at the laundry service getting a comforter washed and dryed. The little girl was playing around me. She walked past me and ask,"Do you have any moneys?' And I told her "yes." She ask me, "can I have some?" And I told her "yes". So I walked over to the vending machine and dropped a some money in the machine and she told me that she wanted "Skittles". So I pressed the numbers for that selection. She got her candy and looked at me, smiled and said, "thank you." She walked over to the table where her mother was sitting and her mom looked back at me and said, "thank you so much." I could tell that the mother was sad. I figured if the mother wanted to talk that she would. In a few minutes the mother walked over to me and told me that she didn't have the money to buy her little girl a snack before they come to do the laundry. The little girl come running over to where I was at and ask me if she could sit on the folding table where I was and I helped up. It is amazing what makes some children happy..a 70 cent bag of Skittles and playing with a dryer sheet. Life is good!

9 comments:

StefanieRose said...

ME? Why does she remind you of me? I like skittles. That is really cute though gale, your really sweet to her. Your just as sweet to me. Love you!!!!!

Joanne said...

I just told Two Feather yesterday that it doesn't take much to make me happy. Sounds like I might be going through my second childhood. LOL That was a very sweet thing you did for the little girl and her mother. ((hugs))

rainbowheart said...

life is too short not to give to a child or someone in need. Stef, she has your smile, your dark hair, and your eyes. Sweet little girl...

nancy said...

what a wonderful kind gesture you did for both the little girl and her mother. thanks for sharing.

dave said...

One of the wonders of childhood that we would do well to emulate is this matter of simple pleasures. The more it takes to make us happy, the less often it is liable to show up.
Thanks for a good story and for being kind to a child.

StefanieRose said...

*random love*

btw can i have some skittles? PLEASE hehe actually scratch that I WANT CHOCOLATE. :)

Lori1955 said...

What a wonderful story. Bless your heart. We could all learn a lesson from this, to appreciate the little things in life and be grateful for what we have.

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

What a great thing to do. Even spending time with a child means so much to them. The Skittles and dryer sheet was an added bonus:)

Anonymous said...

A Child's smile is worth a million bucks - What a nice person you are! I'm sure her Mom appreciated this. You're right about that, it doesn't take a lot to make another person happy, and it makes YOU feel nice too!

Just wanted you to know that I'm praying for your Dad and for your job search.