Thursday, November 27, 2008

A day of Thanks

As we celebrate Thanksgiving today, there is so much that I'm thankful for. Today was such a GREAT day. Momma done really good with so many people at the house. She was excited and so happy to see her children, gandchildren and great grandchildren. She sat at the back door, looking out at Noah and Daddy sitting in the yard. (it was cold here today with a small breeze, so she would not go in the yard.) When she called me to the door, she told me to go and take pictures for her. Yea, the tears have fell all afternoon after seeing this sight. Noah was handing Daddy pine straw needles and Daddy was counting them, Noah saying the numbers after "his Papa". Momma done really good, calling names, confused from time to time on who everyone was, but she had a good day. I cooked yesterday and started cooking again the morning around 9 am and we all sat down to dinner around 4 pm. It was so good to have the family at Momma and Daddy's for a meal. The laugther, the endless chatter of all the conversations going on around, standing in the kitchen with my BIL as he is "samples" everything. It was nice.
I am so thankful for all of my family members and friends that I didn't get to see today. I started calling and texting this morning at 8 am. I am so thankful for this one little nephew that lives in Atlanta Ga. He was the first person to call me this morning to tell me Happy Thanksgiving and that he loves and misses me. He is 11 years old. He is a sweet young man. So, if you are reading this tonight...Dada, I love you..and I miss you too.
I have so much to be thankful for, and I am especially greatful and thankful for my online blogger friends that have walked with me through this AD journey. I will be forever grateful for all the knowledge that you have all have given me this past year. I am thankful to know that you all are still giving much needed information that I need concerning this disease. And that you all are close when I need answers to questions and shoulder to cry on. Thank you all, I will never forget the kindness that you have shown me.
Once again, Happy Thanksgiving Day to you all, my friends. Take care. Peace, love and happiness!!

1 comment:

Lori1955 said...

Oh it sounds like you had an absolutely perfect day. I'm so happy for you.