Saturday, November 24, 2007

Laughter

Today, as I walked into the back door at Mama's she was sitting at the kitchen table, laughing. Why I not a clue. She ask my "why in the world was I walking around with open toes sandels and a short sleeve shirt and no jacket on"? I told her I didn't know that it was cool outside. She went to laughing and told me "I guess that you will not go outside without your jacket on, huh"? I agreed with her. Daddy has a fireplace with a insert and blower on it so I had no idea that it was that cold outside. We do not get the weather that we are having this time of year until usually around February. We are usually wearing shorts this time of year but it was 37 degrees this morning and I think that it might have gotten to the upper 50's this afternoon. It was nice to be outside and smell the fireplaces burning the fresh oak wood. Makes me think of the winter vacation in the Smokey Mountains. Have a good weekend.....

5 comments:

StefanieRose said...

I am so glad that mama is happy. *hugs* I care about you lots.

nancy said...

i'm so glad to hear that your mama had a good and happy day. we all need to cherish and hold onto days like that!

Lori1955 said...

I bet you just love hearing the sound of her laughter!!!!
Now go put some warmer clothes on will you.

Joanne said...

Laughter can be so therapeutic. I'm glad your Mama was able to laugh. There's nothing better than the smell of smoke coming from a chimney on a brisk afternoon. Beautiful post!

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

I loved the Smokies. Simply beautiful country there.

I smelled the fireplace burning tody when I went to wrk to grab a bite to eat before the memorial service. It smelled so good. Winter for me is offically here!

Go get some toasty clothes on, child! You don't want to get sick!