Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Missing loved ones especially this time of year

I miss so many people this time of year....
Papa Bill S.- he is the official taste tester of the dressing and most of the other food for family dinners...
Aunt Athell-my cooking buddy..we cooked everything for goodie baskets for friends and others that done the smalll things during the year for us..the pharmists, the vets office, the visiting nurses
My little Granny-I miss our Thursday dinners at 5 pm and the time that we shared...this was done every Thursday no matter if one was sick or not...for 5 years...I miss our Thursday's Lil' Granny. I miss you telling me that David loves you more than he loves me...I miss the smell of your hair..i miss so much about you...but I DO NOT MISS THE CANE WACKING MY SHIN.
Granny Floyd-I miss hearing your say...let them have the damn peppermint...it is not candy ..it is medicine...lol...she always said "peppermint is good for the throat and sinuses. I miss the peppermint...it is not the same without you here
Aunt Ollie Mae-the family cake decorator..she was the one that thought me how to make a flower out of buttercream. Teh violets, daisies, roses, cala lillies...any flower you can think of she thought me to make it...
Granny Brenice S.-I miss hearing you call David "darling". He was your world. You then had Bryan and Dalen and there was nothing like those 3 guys in your life.
Uncle James-I miss the conversations that we had. Everyday like clock work you called me at 7pm and we would talk for hours...the best conversation....fiberglass shovels...I pray that I never forget that conversation.
My Papa Floyd--I was young when you passed but I do remember Sunday's after Church you would pick all the kids up and you would take us to the store and we got out own bag of candy (tootsie rolls, waxed turtles, and a bottled Coke) and then we went to the part. I remember running down the drive to ride back home with you when you got off of work. I love you and miss you.
And Ricky...my dear brother...I put you last because I have to much to say about you..I miss our vacations...to the Great Smokey Mountains as children, then young adults and then as adults with our children. I miss us leaving work and going to Daytona Beach Fla. just to go. I miss cooking with you..grilling hamburgers and hot dogs at Mama and Daddy's..I miss watching wrestling at my house on Pay-per-view and both of us knowing okay "if it happened that way someone would not be walking". I miss fishing with you for trout in the moutains. I miss tubbing down the moutain with you. I miss fussing with you...about nothing...I miss seeing you at the red light in town at Burger King...(this is where he would yell me at me everyday..."HEY BABY SISTER") I still smell the roses...Thank you for that... Yea I miss that....I miss you....
I miss all of these people that have molded my life in one form or another. I miss hearing your voice...calling and talking...calling and crying on your shoulder...calling and asking for advice (even though I might not heed it at the time...I do now) I miss sharing the grandbabies with you...(Papa Bill and Granny Brenice..you would have loved Haley, Noah and Skylar.) I wish that you were here with me but you are all in a better place and it is wonderful to know that I have so many peeople looking down from Heaven on me... I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

StefanieRose said...

*hugs* gale your so strong. I know these people have made you this strong woman who I have gotten to know. I am thanksful to them that I have you.

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

Gale,
Thank you for sharing your loved ones with us. I know how you feel. At one time our house held 8 people. Out of those 8, 2 remain. My brother and I. As I go about an clean up after those 8 lives, I relive every moment, every detail that defined them as a person in my life. I miss them.

nancy said...

what a beautiful post. you were and still are truly blessed. thanks for sharing them with us. (((hugs))))

Lori1955 said...

What wonderful memories. It is so sad though that we reach a point in our lives where we have more loved ones in Heaven than on earth.

Joanne said...

What a beautiful post, Gale. You are truly blessed to have had so many wonderful people in your life and so many angels looking out for you now.

Anonymous said...

This doesn't happen very often...I'm speechless! Huge hugs sent your way, Gale!

I too believe that our loved ones are watching over us from above...Holes in the floor of Heaven...Just to watch over us.