Thursday, October 16, 2008

still in hospital

Momma is still in the hospital. She is doing better. Her mind is in a fog and she is so confused. She does not remember anyone coming to see her. When I arrived today she was in bed, chatting away and no one was there. Sad to see. I touched her on the shoulder and she woke up and wanted to know where Daddy was. "He is home", I told her. I had to go out of town so I stoppped on the way back to Alma and got her two donuts. I had to..I always get her donuts.
So she had a blueberry donut and a cool cup of coffee for an snack.
After I was there 15 mintues she told me that she was sleepy and that she needed a nap. I finished reading the newspaper to her. I was sitting at the foot of her bed and she told me to go come to the head of the bed and she give me a kiss and told me to "go home". So, I kissed her back, told her that I love her and that I would call her later to check on her. She rolled over and started talking to the invisible person as I walked out of the room. Sad day, I cried on the drive home, wondering will her mind ever be the same? Take care...peace. love and happiness.

5 comments:

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

My heart breaks for you right now. Wish I was there to just give you a gentle hug and sit quietly with you.

Something I have picked up with you every time you post and that is you always wish us a good week, to take care, peace love, happiness, no matter what is going on with you and how much you are hurting or what is going on in your life. You never forget us and that means the world. I just wanted you to know that and I so very much wish the same to you. Bless your heart as you travel this journey with your sweet momma. She knows she is not doing this alone and that gives her peace to know her daughter is right by her side. You are a good girl and any mother would love to have you for their daughter. (((hugs))) Gale

Katmir said...

what strikes me about your post is your momma has someone she talks to so she's likely not feeling lonely when you're not there.

god bless her... and god bless you. chris pointed out something i've noticed along the way, too. it's been humbling to be wished love and happiness from afar... i never put my finger on it 'til chris said it out loud....

thank you, sweet lady.

nancy said...

you are in my thoughts and prayers. my heart goes out to you.

i agree with chris, you are a special person remembering to think of all of us and wish us the best even when you are having a tough time. thank you my friend, and the same to you! (((hugs)))

Joanne said...

I'm sorry your momma is still in the hospital, Gale. I also noticed the last line of your posts and I'm so glad Chris mentioned it. That line always brightens my day, no matter what kind of day it's been. You take care, find peace, love and happiness in your day, as well. ((HUGS))

Lori1955 said...

Sweetie, I am so sorry you are having to go through this dark time with your mom. We all know how heartbreaking this is for you. I hope somewhere in your heart, you can find a little bit of peace as you walk your momma down the final path of this journey.

I am holding you close to my heart and keeping you in my prayers. {{HUGS}} sweetie.